Saturday, January 5, 2019

Our Four-Legged Family

Pete and I are both animal lovers. We get so much joy and love from our animal family. We now have 6 dogs and 5 cats. All of the cats and 5 of the dogs are rescued or adopted. I vacuum often and clean 4 litter boxes a day but I don't think I've ever complained. 


This is Jack, short for Jack Sparrow (from Pirates of the Caribbean). He is half Siamese and half tabby cat - probably. Our vet fostered his pregnant mother from the animal shelter until she had her babies, and then was able to place the mother and all of the kittens except this one. The mother had feline herpes and Jack has a few issues from that, but doesn't have herpes himself. He is blind in his left eye. It's hard to tell but it is very cloudy. He has no cilia in his nasal passages to keep out dust, so he sneezes often - many times in a row. When we hear him, we go running with a paper towel as it can make quite a mess! He is quite a character. In this photo he jumped into the bread drawer when I was cleaning it out. Cats just love anything box shaped, don't they? 

Here he is in the sink after I did the dishes last night. He loves water - I've heard that's true about many Siamese cats. His tabby heritage would be more obvious is you could see his feet!


Boy, he really fills that sink!








4 comments:

  1. I love to read blogs about people and their pets! Jack looks absolutely handsome! Just like the other Jack Sparrow! So glad you adopted him. Too many people overlook adopting pets with defects or other issues. Good of you to take in Jack!
    I have a rescued dog and three rescued cats. Two of the cats I literally saved from the streets! They are all loved dearly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patty, thank you for visiting my blog! I think it's great that you rescued your dog and cats. So many animals need homes. Don't they brighten your days?

      Delete
  2. Jack is gorgeous, Sue!! What a handsome boy he is! How funny that he jumped into the sink!! I have three dogs and have to vacuum often also, and my old girl has way too many accidents now, so I'm often cleaning up other messes....but I do complain about that, ha ha!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well at least I can say that everyone goes where they're supposed to go at this point. One of the dogs we adopted wore a belly band when we first got him as he was used to breed and not fixed until he was 5 or 6 years old. He tended to mark still so the belly band was necessary. But after becoming part of our "pack" he learned to follow their behaviors and we were able to get rid of the band after a couple of months. Thank goodness!

      Delete