Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Happy New Year! 

No, we didn't make it until midnight, but that comes as no surprise. 


I took down the outdoor decorations today, but I guess snowmen can be used to decorate all winter. These are needle-felted. I took a couple of one day classes at a yarn shop in a nearby town with a friend, and we make and sell items at two stores in the area. She is a very talented knitter, so she also sells knitted sweaters, hats and mittens for children. I'm a not-so-talented knitter, so I add a baby blanket once in a while. 


4 comments:

  1. The snowmen are lovely, Sue. I didn't stop up to see in the New Year either. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a lot of work in those lovely snowmen. I took a short class to just create a little Halloween black cat and found even that quite difficult! I have been given a little kit to create two small sheep and have been stalling some time about trying it! I do like to knit, crochet and hand sew so you'd think I would be OK with needlefelting too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan, those snowmen were the first things I made at the first class I took. The teacher was really very good. It gets easier as you go! I'm sure you'll do great - give that kit a try! Would love to see photos of the finished product!

      Delete