Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Eggs!

Yesterday, Pete found the first 2 eggs our new chickens have laid. We figured it wouldn't be long, as they're the same age as the rooster who began crowing not too long ago.


I'm thinking before long there will be no room for anything else in the refrigerator. We'll be giving away a lot of eggs! 

The weather is nasty again here today. Very, very cold, with snow off and on which is supposed to really pick up tonight. We're supposed to have 4"-9" by early tomorrow morning. Wednesday is Bible Study and the housewarming shower for our pastor with my Mom, so I'm hoping I'll be able to get her there tomorrow. It is very important for her to get out and be around other people and interacting with others - it makes a big difference both mentally and physically. Last week I didn't get to see her as much because I was sick, but yesterday I took her to an appointment with her neurologist (she got a very good report), then to Target to buy a gift, and then to do some grocery shopping.



I love the ears sticking up in the photo above! We have a big feeder in the front of the house and then we just put seed on the ground on this side. There's usually at least one cat at the window. 


Noah, on the left, and Roscoe and Rosie on the right - at the beginning of our current snowstorm.


This is my handsome partner, Pete, relaxing with Rosie. His mother, who lives with us, isn't doing as well and as of yesterday she is on Hospice care. We will hopefully be able to keep her home with us, where she wants to be. She has started having some very long seizures. We had a nurse here yesterday to confirm she was ready to enter Hospice, and the nurse she will be seeing regularly was here today. They have already been such a help to me mentally and emotionally. I have a lot of questions and want to be sure morally and ethically we are doing the right thing and doing our best to be true to Anne's wishes.

Well, the cats are all here making their presence known, so it must be their dinnertime. I want to show you our back yard "night light" - Pete wired in a photo cell so the light comes on automatically at night. I just love it. It gives a nice little glow!


Stay warm and dry if you're in the path of this newest storm!

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely thing to be able to share with others - fresh laid eggs. Fantastic!
    The situation with your mum in law sounds hard - sending love. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This photo of the sweet kitty with the eggs is just darling. A beautiful capture -- isn't it nice to have a camera at hand!

    I wanted to thank you for stopping by my blog last week -- Marmelade Gypsy. I am very behind on replying to comments. I see from the other post that you had the final farewell to Pete's mom. I'm so very sorry.

    ReplyDelete