Saturday, March 2, 2019

Changing the Bed

Such a simple task - changing the sheets on the bed - turns into a circus and takes twice the time it should at my house. I just throw up my hands and laugh! Every time I move a sheet it gets attacked.







But I finally got the fresh sheets on and the bed all made up. It's like this every time I change the sheets.

I took a walk around the yard today looking for bear tracks and didn't find any fresh ones. Thank goodness! Did find lots of rabbit and squirrel tracks, as well as what are probably coyote tracks, and tracks from a cat that Pete has seen a couple of times. I don't know if it's someone's cat that lives in the neighborhood or a feral cat, so we've put out some dry cat food just in case it's hungry. We have an old dog house in the yard that hasn't been used for many years, and I have wood chips in it and a blanket and an old dog bed, but it doesn't look like anything has used it.

On Saturday afternoons Pete and I always go out for an early dinner. We have 5 or 6 places we like all within 20 minutes or so of the house. Then tomorrow morning I'll take my Mom to church in the next town over, Saratoga Springs. On Monday, if we don't get too much snow overnight, I have plans to go out to breakfast with a few women I used to work with who are very close friends. We'll eat and then do some shopping.

Hope you have a great weekend whatever you are doing.


4 comments:

  1. I had to smile reading this post. I have exactly the same problem here with changing the bed. They all get away with murder in this house. I often give up and sneakily go back in the bedroom later and close the door, and do you know what? I feel guilty at not letting them have a bit more fun. lol
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter's cats are the same!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes I would just close the door when I was changing the sheets!

    ReplyDelete