Sunday, February 24, 2019

Unwelcome Visitor

The other night our sweet beagle Max had a very unsettled couple of hours. I kept turning on the light in the backyard and didn't see anything. I was worried a fox was trying to get close to the chickens so I was shining a flashlight around the hen house and trying to make a lot of noise. The next morning I went out back and found these bear tracks!




Pete set the trail cam out last night to try to catch a photo, but the bear didn't come back, thank goodness. The people down the road had a bear in their backyard a few years ago, so they aren't unknown in this area. It's just a little unsettling having them so close when they've probably just come out of hibernation and are hungry!

A little north of us they were having a problem with them in the fall and were warning people to take down their bird feeders as the bear were going after the seed. Poor things - we're building all over and pushing them out of their territory. 

Our sweet Max out by the pond in nicer weather!
He knew there was something in the yard that shouldn't be there!



3 comments:

  1. Oh my! That must be unnerving. It's only with the $5 bill that I could really tell the size of the prints. I'm relieved I only have to worry about squirrels stealing my bird seed. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have urban foxes here, they dig up the garden, thank goodness the bear was only passing through.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeeesh... we have coyotes and raccoons and I know there are bears further up Larch Mt. but so far none have shown up in our yard! I hope you catch it on your camera if he/she comes back. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete