Saturday, February 16, 2019

Ruby's

Once a month, I spend the day working at Ruby's Marketplace. It's a little shop in a nearby town, Greenwich, NY. Half of the store, the Marketplace, is rented by crafters and craft retailers. The other half is operated as Ruby's Nimble Thimble by owner Terry. She does repairs and alterations, sells fabrics and notions, and gives sewing lessons in a big studio at the back of the shop.


Notice all the snow in front of the shop! I stood on the nice, cleared sidewalk to take the photo. Greenwich used to have a great little shopping area. My sisters and I and our kids often would take a drive over on the weekend and browse through all the sweet shops. Unfortunately, after a very popular restaurant, Wally's, closed some years ago, several shops closed and there aren't as many customers anymore. But someone has bought the restaurant and is slowly fixing it up, and several new shops are opening, so we're optimistic for the future.


The shop is really nice, and the first thing I do when I get there is take a stroll through to see what's new. More often than not, I find something to buy!


It's an old building with a lot of country character and squeaky old floors. That's my friend Maureen's and my space on the right. Maureen is a very accomplished knitter, and sells mostly children's items: hats, sweaters, mittens, etc. She also is a needle-felter, as am I, and we both sell our needle felting there. I have a few paintings for sale also, and a couple of crocheted blankets.


Here's a close-up of part of our little section. A sale is going on! Hope it entices some buyers! I look forward to working there once a month - it's a nice place to be, and I always meet some nice shoppers.

This last photo is of my Valentine when we were out for a Valentine's dinner.


I love the heart shaped sign over his shoulder. It says "Burnin' Love!"


No comments:

Post a Comment