Sunday, May 12, 2019

Mother's Day

Today is Mother's Day in the United States. As it happens, neither my Mom nor my daughter are close by today. My mother has been on Cape Cod with my sister for the past 2 weeks, and is coming home today. My sister works for a seafood company on the Cape and only gets to see her a couple of times a year. I hear she has been waiting hand and foot on my mother the whole time. My daughter lives in Alameda, California, and works in San Francisco - the other side of the country. She'll be coming home for a quick visit at the end of the month. Sometimes I wish the whole extended family could live in one big commune - but then I come to my senses and realize I'm the only one that would be happy with a situation like that!


The picture above is my daughter, my Mom and I a couple of years ago at the ballet. I remember it was so hot that evening! The next picture is my Mom this past winter at a Mexican restaurant.


I honestly couldn't have asked for better parents, and am so fortunate to still have my Mom in my life. Any good that I have in me came from them. My Mom is just a wonderful, special human being, and I'm so glad she's mine!



2 comments:

  1. It is good to have a special person in your life and you seem to have more than one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are all three beautiful.. I'm glad your daughter is coming to see you. Have fun with her! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete