Friday, April 5, 2019

Spring in NY

Just a quick post. I've had such a busy week! The most wonderful reason was the arrival of Angelo Joseph, my best friend Donna's newest grandson. I hope he'll call me Grandma Sue like his big brother does.

Today, our spring took a bit of a setback. We had a couple of hours of snow, and it managed to accumulate about an inch or two. Tomorrow it is supposed to warm up again, so it will probably all melt (fingers crossed). There's a cardinal in the tree in the photo below.


I made a bunch of needle-felted bunnies and my friend Maureen delivered them to the store we sell from in Saratoga Springs.

These little cuties are on the shelf near my kitchen sink so they keep me company when I'm washing the dishes. 

This little bunny is the real thing and belongs to Donna and her grandson, Alex. He named her "Sweetheart" and there was no convincing him to choose another name. 


She's the happiest, most spoiled bunny I've ever seen. Loves to be held and snuggled. She is litterbox trained and gets along well with Donna's tiny Yorkshire terrier.

Tomorrow I will be spending the day "working" at the New York State Missing Person's Day event held in Albany, NY. I'll write about that soon.

Hope spring is in full swing in your part of the world!



10 comments:

  1. Snow in April is a bit of a slap, isn't it? Hope it doesn't last long! Everything is beautifully green and fresh round here, there's loads of blossom and it's very spring, despite a few morning frosts and even a bit of sleet and snow in some places. Now the clocks have gone forward, the lighter evenings are lovely.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy to say the snow is already gone today. We ended up officially with a little over 2 inches!

      Delete
  2. What a darling new baby.. congrats to the family. That live bunny is so cute and I'm glad to hear it's spoiled as so many bunnies are neglected. Have a super weekend. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Babies and bunnies....it must be spring! Well, apart from the snow :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sue, do you read Linda Sue's blog from Bellingham, WA, "Lady Margaret's Curlers"? It's in my sidebar. She is an artist and does a lot of felting. You might be interested in checking it out. Cute bunny! Oh, and the baby's OK too. :) Look at how brightly that cardinal stands out in that tree!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous little boy. Huge congratulations to everyone.
    And all those bunnies. Your post has certainly made me smile this morning. X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sue, I just found your blog and quickly read it from the beginning. What a beautiful baby! We are having beautiful weather here at the moment but they are predicting rain and snow for the next week or so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting, Janice. I've visited your lovely blog and I'm following you now. I enjoyed your book reviews!

      Delete
  7. I love rabbits! I also love spring, but not the snowy type :)

    ReplyDelete